- You are using an embedded Replication Server system database (ERSSD)
- Replication Server is configured with RS_charset=utf8 in the $SYBASE/$SYBASE_REP/install/<rsname>.cfg file.
- Combined the above with an ERSSD collected from a different Replication Server environment -- the different replication server was created with RS_charset=iso_1 in the $SYBASE/$SYBASE_REP/install/<rsname>.cfg file.
- While attempting a seamless upgrade against a Replication Server 15.6 ESD 3, the process stopped abnormally with the error:
SQL Anywhere Error -131: Syntax error near 'Passage' on line 48.
Line 48 of the $SYBASE/$SYBASE_REP/scripts/rsspmsg1.sql file contains the text
exec rs_inst_msgs 22632,'french',"Passage vers une version antérieure en cours."
- UTF8 conversion causes non-ASCII characters such as accented vowels to be treated as the first byte of a multibyte UTF8 character resulting in the SQL Anywhere syntax error.
- SAP Replication Server (RS) 15.5 ESD #3
- SAP Replication Server 15.7.1 SP101
SRS upgrade, ERSSD, ASA error -131, CR743360, 743360 , KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , BC-SYB-REP-HET , Replication Server Heterogeneous Edition (RSHE) , BC-SYB-REP-RTL , Rep Server Real-Time Loading Edition (RTLE) , BC-SYB-REP-ME , Replication Server Messaging Edition (RSME) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.