- Migrating from a large BOE XI3.1 x environment to BI4.0 (latest patch level) Environment using the Upgrade management tool ( UMT ).
- Running into timeout issues while trying to do perform incremental or complete migration
- On BI4 UMT server, the RAM has been increased to 24 GB and UMT is run with 20GB Heap setting
- All available UMT Timeout settings from existing KBASES 1835179, 1804414, 1817916 have already been applied
- All 3rd Authentication providers (LDAP, AD etc) have been disabled at XI3.1 source system within the CMC
- UMT fails with a "Timeout during receive" error and other CORBA Timeout errors noticed within the logs which start after 10-15 minutes of execution.
The UMT logs indicate errors similar to entries below :
..CORBA.TRANSIENT: attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect OR
..CORBA.BAD_PARAM: other: no scheme found OR
hostname=<cmshost>,svr=<cms server>:<cms port>,port=<cms port> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.0 [ BI4.0]
SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI3.1 [ BOE XI3.1 ]
migrate upgrade BI4 XI3 4.0 3.1 40 31 timeout error failure crash hang move , KBA , BI-BIP-UMT , Upgrade management tool , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.