The symptoms are many and varies:
- HTTP 500 and 'null' pointer exception when logging into Central Management Console(CMC) for the first time
- CMS process does not start
- "?????? dummy ?????" placeholders appear within the User Interface rather than the correct name
- Missing Applications, Application Settings, Security rights, icons
- 'Old' Applications, Application Settings, Security rights do not work as expected and cause various errors.
- Only one CMS database has been updated when multiple Nodes are defined, each Node is using a different CMS database.
- Need to understand what the support status is for Multiple Nodes (SIAs) per machine where each Node is using a different CMS database.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI) 4.x
Upgrading patch upgrade patching CMS database corruption, missing Application Settings/rights/icons/??dummy placeholders BI 4.x 4.1 4.2 4.0 , KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Enterprise (BI platform) installation, upgrade, patching , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-BIP-DEP , SBOP Web Application Deployment, Wdeploy , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.