- ASE may return wrong results, typically fewer rows than expected, when querying against a view or derived table under the following conditions:
- ASE configured with non-binary sort order
- View/derived table definition includes DISTINCT clause
- View/derived table definition includes an OUTER JOIN clause
- View/derived table definition includes WHERE clause with a constant equality (col_A = <literal value>) on an inner table column of an outer join
- Query plan for the query includes "Distinct Sorting"
- The wrong result returned will typically be fewer rows than expected, or an empty result set.
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.0
- Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.5
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.0 ; Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.5
TSQL , KBA , cr618219 , sybase , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.