You observe a 'BW server error' or 'wrong data' while refreshing or navigating on a Dataprovider in a BExAnalyzer workbook. The same error cannot be reproduced in transaction RSRT2 while executing the affected queries directly.
The most common reason for this behaviour is the difference in the data requested by the BExAnalyzer from the OLAP-engine in comparison to transaction RSRT2.
The difference in the data requested can be due to:
- Difference in Navigation State
- Difference in Variable values used
- Difference in character restriction used
- Difference in condition/exception/Zero-suppression
- Additional formula applied
- Difference in hierarchy applied/removed
- Various flags/switches turned ON/OFF during Query runtime (display Key/Text, Sorting, Constant Selection, etc)
You can create/save a Query-View with all the properties mentioned above on the BW-server and use this Query-View in transaction RSRT1 to reproduce the issue.
Advantages of the Query-View:
- The Query-View can be executed directly in transaction RSRT1, thus bugs/errors related to excel/BExAnalyzer/operation system can be excluded.
- The error messages in transaction RSRT1 provides additional information. These information can help to find a solution via Note search.
- The speed of incident processing will increase as all Frontend-related influence can be isolated.
- No BW RFC / BW GUI service connections are requierd for SAP Support, only the R/3 connection is enough for the analysis.
BEx Analyzer on SAP NetWeaver All Versions
KBA , BW-BEX-OT , OLAP Technology , BW-BEX-ET-WB-7X , 7.x Analyzer Frontend , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.