When migrating from XI3.x to BI4 platform, the Upgrade Management Tool (UMT) overrides the default security as it relates to user's personal infoobjects.
- This impacts user specific objects including user's inbox, favorite's folder, personal categories and preferences (root of all users).
- The Full Control (Owner) rights were removed from the root of inboxes, personal categories and Favorites folders.
- Imported inboxes, personal categories and Favorites folders had the XI 3.1 security where the user was explicitly listed on each object with Full Control.
- New user’s (user created in BI4 after the UMT promotion) personal content had no rights until you add the Full Control (Owner) to the various roots. In short, the UMT breaks the security model that BI4 requires as it relates to user’s personal content.
- The UMT appears to remove rights at the root of all users for the everyone group. It removes one ACE “Change Preferences for Objects that the user owns”. With this individual right removed, imported users (non-Administrators) are unable to change their preferences. However, in XI3.1 their security allowed them to change preferences. The UMT did not properly retain the new security requirements for BI4
- SAP Knowledge base Articles exist for some of these symptoms which have been referenced from this Kbase.
SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.0
Upgrade Management Tool (UMT)
BI4 BI platform 4.0 UMT upgrade migration security overwrite user preference inbox favorite personal categories , KBA , BI-BIP-UMT , Upgrade management tool , BI-BIP-DEP , SBOP Web Application Deployment, Wdeploy , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.