- The User Management Engine (UME) is configured to use Microsoft Active Directory as an LDAP datasource with flat hierarchy.
- Active Directory users and groups are accessible through the UME. For example users can log on to applications on the AS Java using their active directory credentials, groups are found when searched for in the User Administration UIs.
- The 'Domain Users' group can be found using a group search.
- Via a user search you find and display the details of a user that you know is a member of the Domain Users group in the Active Directory, however when you search for the user's Assigned Groups, the Domain Users group is not returned.
- Via a group search you find and display the details of the Domain Users group. You know that there are users in the Active Directory that are members of the Domain Users group, however when you search for the group's Assigned Users no users are returned.
Netweaver AS Java all releases with Microsoft Active Directory as UME datasource
SAP NetWeaver 2004 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.3 ; SAP NetWeaver 7.4 ; SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ; SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 ; SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ; SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0
KBA , BC-JAS-SEC-UME , User Management Engine , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.