- Error: 'Failed to open the connection.'
- Report created in Crystal Reports based off a Universe, fails with the error.
- After modifying the Universe, report based off a Universe fails in SAP BI LaunchPad, or Crystal Reports designer, with the error:
'The viewer could not process an event. Failed to open the connection. Universe 
---- Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]'
- New report based on the same Universe works fine in Crystal Reports and Web Intelligence.
- Existing Web Intelligence reports works fine.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
Migration, Database error, Life Cycle Management, Designer, GUID , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.