- You have established trust between a Netweaver Application Server (AS) Java and another SAP system
- You have ensured that the host machines of all instances of both systems are tightly time synchronized, for example by using Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Some scenario or application that uses SAP assertion tickets has been tested and Single Sign-On (SSO) using assertion ticket succeeds.
- After some time the SSO using assertion tickets stops working and the traces of the ticket accepting system show that an assertion ticket has been received that is expired or not yet valid.
- You observe that the time used by the AS Java is no longer synchronized with the time used by the other system(s) in the SSO scenario and the time used by the AS Java is no longer synchronized with the time of its host machine
- You restart the AS Java and SSO starts working again only to fail again after some time with the same errors
- Release Independent
- SAP NetWeaver
- HP-UX platforms
Single Sign-On SSO Authentication Assertion Tickets stops working HP-UX , KBA , BC-JAS-SEC-LGN , Logon, SSO , BC-SEC-LGN , Authentication and SSO , BC-OP-HPX-JSE , Please use component BC-OP-HPX , BC-JVM , SAP Java Virtual Machine , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.