- Five to ten minutes after starting the Server Manager, you still receive messages that the AL_JobService is in active mode.
- After starting the Server Manager, the menu does not appear.
- The AL_JobService log states that the server configuration is active when the Server Manager is not running.
- Job Servers, Access Servers, or the AL_JobService continue to run after you stop the Data Services service.
- Error in svrmgr when starting Data Services Job Service:
Checking for existence of AL_JobService...
Starting AL_JobService. This may take several seconds. Please Wait!!!
Failed to start JobService. Check $LINK_DIR/log/error_JobService.log for more information.
- Error in $LINK_DIR/log/error_JobService.log:
SYSTEM : ERROR: An INSTANCE of al_jobservice already Running.. Exiting!!
- SAP Data Services 4.x
- Supported versions of UNIX/Linux
BODS , DS , jobserver not responding , fails , doesn't , won't stop , lock , kill process , start/stop jobservice , Back to sleep , KBA , EIM-DS-SVR , Data Services Administration/Server , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.