- After installing BI4 specific server or client tools and launch client tools such as the Universe Design Tool, the application fails to start with a side-by-side configuration is incorrect error
- The error may also occur when starting other client tools as well as impede certain server processes from starting like the connectionserver32 or connectionserver process
- Typical Error: "The application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."
- sxstrace.exe tool reports ERROR: Cannot resolve reference Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053"
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Server and Client Tools. XIR3.1, BI4.0 & BI4.1
- Universe Design Tool
- Information Design Tool
- Webi Rich Client
- Other client tools & some server processes
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008
BOE BI 3.1 3.0 4.1 4.0 4.x 3.x BI4 XI3 client tools connection server side-by-side 'side by side' c++ crash fail corrupt , biSL , KBA , BI-BIP-SL , Semantic Layer , BI-BIP-DEP , SBOP Web Application Deployment, Wdeploy , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.