- When trying to post a goods movement for a material number assigned to a serial number profile, error message 'IO 231 - Stock data of serial number &1 not suitable for movement' is raised. It is not possible to post the goods movement.
- Checking the serial number master data in IQ03 or IQ09 transaction, you will see that serial number stock data does not match with the stock information data.
- Materials Management (MM)
- SAP ERP Central Component
- SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
IO231, serial number inconsistency, serial number stock data, create physical inventory document, MI04, MI07, IO 231, stock data of serial number not suitable for movement, IQ03, IQ09, MIGO, goods issue, enter counted quantity, serial number master data, MI01, serial number quantity on stock, post inventory differences , M7021 , RIMMSF00 , KBA , MM-IM-GF-SER , Goods Movements with Serial Numbers , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.