Possible symptoms related to BPC components not running in the correct mode (32-bit or 64-bit) include:-
- "Cannot create ActiveX component" messages presented by the ASP.NET components when users access BPC web pages (including the Launch Page).
- HTTP 401 errors in the IIS logs against the stem '/osoft/app/WebInfoService/WebInfoService.asmx'
- "Object variable or With block variable not set" error in the default BPC Trace Log(s) related to the 'OSoft.Services.Webservice.ApplicationService.ApplicationService.Query()' function call.
NOTE: These symptoms have not been technically validated - they are simply some of the errors reported in one customer's logs.
BPC versions affected
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.5, version for Microsoft
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 10.0, version for Microsoft
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 7.0 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 64-bit (x86 and ia64) - all supported editions
- Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit (x86 and ia64) - all supported editions
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit (x86 and ia64) - all supported editions
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit (x86 and ia64) - all supported editions
HTTP 401, cannot create activex component, activex, IIS, web, launch page, BPC, Object variable or With block variable not set, object variable , KBA , EPM-BPC-MS , Microsoft Version , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.