- When a BW entitlement system that is configured and enabled in BI becomes unavailable multiple problems could be observed
- BW users fail to logon with one of the errors below.
- Other users AD/LDAP/Enterprise may also fail with the error below or different error (this was consistent in 3.1 but occurs less often in 4.x)
- An identical issue occurs with AD or LDAP authentication if AD or LDAP servers become unavailable
- There could be may other issues in the BI server as long as an external directory that BI is integrated with is unavailable.
- When an external directory is unavailable expect logon problems, performance problems, intermittent problems, almost any symptom could occur until the system is restored
- For periods like this, it is usually best if the BI server remains down until the external directory can be restored. Disabling the plugin containing the external directory could help as well.
Generic AD logon error "An error has occurred: The Active Directory Authentication plugin failed to verify the currently specified administration credentials required to connect to Active Directory. Please contact your system administrator."
3.1 BW logon Error "Account Information Not Recognized: An error occurred at the server : CSecSAPR3Binding::XRFCCnxBroker::BorrowConnection() failed. See following log entries for details. Failed while trying to log on to SAP system. The following RFC error was returned: [Group, Key, Message]: [102, "RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION", "Connect to message server failed Connect_PM MSHOST=ealsap02, R3NAME=TS6, GROUP=SPACE ERROR partner not reached (host 10.6.31.206, service sapmsTS6) TIME Tue Dec 18 11:51:59 2007 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -10 MODULE nixxi_r.cpp LINE 8679 DETAIL NiPConnect2 SYSTEM CALL SiPeekPendConn ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER 8 "]. The entitlement system has therefore been disabled in memory. This may be because the SAP system is unavailable or because the credentials are invalid. The entitlement system has to be re-enabled before it can be used again."
4.2 BW logon Error "Account information not recognized: CSecSAPR3Binding::XRFCCnxBroker::BorrowConnection() failed. See following log entries for details. Failed while trying to log on to SAP system. The following RFC error was returned: [Group, Key, Message]: [4, "RFC_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE", " LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner '10.165.28.201:3300' not reached TIME Thu Jan 18 09:11:29 2018 RELEASE 720 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 40 RC -10 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 3286 DETAIL NiPConnect2: 10.165.28.201:3300 SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 10061 ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused COUNTER 2 "]. The entitlement system has been disabled in memory. This may be because the SAP system is unavailable or because the credentials are invalid. The entitlement system has to be re-enabled before it can be used again."
- SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1 all SP's all patches
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0 4.1 4.2 all versions all patches
- SAP BW or ECC all supported versions
- Active Directory all supported versions
zie emkba bpkba biauth BOE, Authentication, AD, Users, Cannot, Log, in, Login , KBA , unavailable , bw , zie , BI-BIP-AUT , Authentication, ActiveDirectory, LDAP, SSO, Vintela , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.