- A Web Intelligence report is based on a MS Access database / MS Excel spreadsheet which is stored on a shared network drive or directory.
- A relational connection has been created to the data source using ODBC drivers.
- Universe Designer and Desktop Intelligence was working against the database without errors.
- Attempting to refresh or create WebI reports against this database results in one of the following errors:
- Database error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] '(unknown)' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. Contact your Business Objects administrator or database supplier for more information. (Error: WIS 10901)
- Database error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI R2
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.x
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- Web Intelligence
- Microsoft Access
webi, web intelligence, ms access, database, excel, shared, network drive, managed excel, unc path, xi 3.1, bi 4.0, bi 4.1, bi 4.2, bi 4.x , KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.