When posting a comment to an active workflow by using the OData function import "commentWfRequest", no email notification is sent for the involved parties.
- SuccessFactors Employee Central - EC Workflows
- SuccessFactors Employee Central - OData API
Reproducing the Issue
- Post a comment through the UI in an Active Workflow;
- If set up, email will be triggered and sent for the involved parties;
- Trigger an API call Function for the Workflow request ID (e.g. /commentWfRequest?wfRequestId=6626L&comment=API_Test_comment);
- Comment will be added at the Workflow UI, however notification will not be sent by email.
This is currently a known limitation by Successfactors System, as notifications will not be sent for the emails of the involved parties when using the Function Import commentWfRequest. The current workaround to receive the email notification, is to proceed by using the UI on posting comments.
SAP SuccessFactors Engineering team is already working on a fix for it, which is expected to be released on B2205 release.
commentWfRequest function import, not triggering email, notifications not being sent, odata api , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , LOD-SF-EC-WFL , Workflows - Configuration, Tools, Objects & Rules , Problem