- After 2H 2021 Release, when processing hires in the system, whenever data in Compensation section is maintained (Pay Component, Amount, Currency, Frequency), the following blocks are removed from the UI:
- Pay Targets
- When trying to save the Hire transaction, the system loads indefinitely and does not proceed with saving the transaction
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Add New Hire
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Hire Template. Maintain at least two MDF Block Types and include it as part of the Compensation Information step.
- Go to Add New Hire wizard, use the template configured.
This is the initial Compensation Information screen upon load. As we can see, "Compensation" and "Recurring Payments/Deductions" i.e. Pay Targets are loaded
- In Compensation, fill out the Pay Component, Amount, Currency, and Frequency. The screen is refreshed.
- After this, the two blocks above are removed and only Spot Bonus / One-Time Payments remains
- If you try to save, the screen loads indefinitely.
This is a known issue in 2H 2021 Release.
SAP Engineering is currently investigating this issue and we'll be updating the KBA as soon as the root cause and fix details are available.
To overcome the behavior, please update the Configurable Hire Template via Manage Data.
- Create a separate step for the Custom MDF blocks
- Remove the Custom MDF blocks from the Compensation Information step
- In the Step for the Custom MDF blocks, add the required Config UI IDs
hire wizard, configurable hire template, compensation, pay target, removed, pay component, frequency, INC1277405, ECT-186926, 2111, 2H 2021, KI2111 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-HIR-NEW , Add New Employee Wizard , Known Error