- Unable to complete the US I9 section2 for a candidate when using List B Document Driver's License issued before 2018.
- Candidate's Driver License from the State of Alabama only has 7-digits.
- Error Message: Drivers License must be alphanumeric, 8-14 characters.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the instance
- Onboardee to complete the onboarding process and US I9 Section 1.
- Hiring Manager to complete the US I9 Section2
- Enter the 7-digit Alabama Driver License number and expiration date of 2021
- The error message appears.
In the current onboarding feature, the system is working as desgined, since Alabama Drivers License contains 8-digits.
- In the current onboarding feature, this validation message is expected behavior since the State of Alabama Driver's Licenses now has 8-digits since 2018.
- This error will only occur to those candidates that have the driver's license expiring this year, as these were the licenses issued in 2017.
As a workaround, the HR or the assignee user completing the I9 Section 2 of the candidate can add a '0' at the beginning of the number. The system will accept the number and allow the user to complete the I9 Section2. This has been tested and confirmed to be working in our local demo instance. See below screenshot:
Driver License, AL Drivers License, Alabama I9 Section 2, I9 Section2, Onboarding, Onboarding 2.0, ONB 2.9, OBX, , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-FRM , Compliance 2.0 Country Forms , Problem