When configuring the Proficiency rating scale in Capabilities Portfolio Settings Wizard, the system display the error message:
"Capabilities Portfolio configuration failed to update at HH:MM on MM/DD/YYYY"
SAP SuccessFactors Center of Capabilities
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Center of Capabilities > Capabilities Portfolio Settings wizard;
- Complete the configuration;
- The system shows the following error:
Capabilities Portfolio configuration failed to update at HH:MM on MM/DD/YYYY
To review the details of the error, go to: Scheduled Job Manager
Run the update job again after you make the necessary corrections.
On instances where the Competencies were created before b1705 release, the object "Collection" was marked as required for the Competency Entity. Even though this configuration was made non-mandatory in a later release, the prior data continued to retain the "Collection" object as mandatory, which results in a validation error during the Proficiency Level Scale setup.
This issue is corrected in Patchb2111p6 (24-Nov-2021) for 2H 2021 release
Workaround: Manually set the object "Collection" to Not Required/False for the Competency entity and rerun the Portfolio Settings:
- Go to Admin Center > Configure Object Definition;
- Select "Object Definition" in the first search box, and "Competency" in the second box;
- Click Take Action > Make Corrections;
- Under Fields section, find the field "collection" and click Details to edit the field's definition;
- Change the field "Required" to "No";
- Save changes;
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Center of Capabilities > Capabilities Portfolio;
- Run the job again to create the Proficiency rating scale for all competencies.
Center of Capabilities Administration Guide > Configuring the Proficiency Rating Scale and Enabling Capabilities Portfolio
Capabilities Portfolio configuration failed to update, to review the details of the error, go to: Scheduled Job Manager, run the update job again after you make the necessary corrections, Capabilities Portfolio Settings wizard, CofC, 2H 2021, b2111, EAS-33525, PTCH-37405, KI2111 , KBA , LOD-SF-CJ-COC , Center of Capabilities , Known Error