As soon as you save the Communication Arrangement, the following error occurs:
An Error occurred in communication Arrangement SAP_COM_0531
Authorization Group must be maintained - see help for more information
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2111, and above
From s/4 cloud 2111 onwards an authorization group to be used with SAP_COM_0531 is required when changing or creating a new arrangement. Existing arrangements will remain working as they’ve used to.
The authorization group allow customers to define what can be extracted, either via an list of allowed views or simply stating that all the data extraction enabled views can be extracted (which was the previous behavior).
Follow the procedure to create the authorization group:
Manual Procedure with Business User
- Log on to with BPC_EXPERT user or equivalent permissions.
- Search for “Manage Your Solution” App
- Navigate to the entry
- Click on "Configure Your Solution” button
- Filter by:
Application Area: Application Platform and Infrastructure
Sub Application Area: Data Extraction
- A single entry with short description "Define allowlists for CDS view extraction." Will appear, click on the entry.
- On the expand panel, only one Configuration step appears, click on Configure action
- The following maintenance view shall be displayed (Note: It may be empty)
- Click on “New Entries” in the toolbar, a line will open
- Define the group ID, description and type
Authorization Group ID: (define a unique identifier)
Group description: (describe the group intent)
Type: choose “Explicit allow list” if you want to restrict the view that can be extracted. Otherwise select “all data extraction views”
- Save and select a customizing request for this configuration.
KBA , BW-WHM-DBA-ODA , Operational Data Provider for ABAP CDS, HANA & BW , Problem