You have an unposted source document with the error "No functional area could be assigned".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Select the view Source Documents.
- Search and find Document ID XYZ (XYZ represents the Source Document ID).
- Here you see the error: No functional area could be assigned
Not all the GL accounts for all the Chart of Accounts that are used for this company ad its Set of Books have a functional area assigned.
Because of this, the system is looking for a default functional area, however in your settings none of the functional areas have been marked as default.
To resolve the issue you have two options:
A. Maintain a Default functional area
- Go to the business Configuration work center.
- Select the view Overview.
- Search and find the activity Settings for Income Statements by Function of Expenses and Earned Profit Analysis.
- Select the option Edit Functional areas.
- Choose one of the Functional Areas and select the Default flag.
B. Maintain a Functional area for all individual GL accounts for every Chart of Accounts.
Functional areas, default, , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem