After changing the value of a hierarchy node variable, a chart shows "No data is available for the chart to render" even though there is data available to display.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.1.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a chart that uses a hierarchy
- Drill down on the hierarchy
- Change the value of the hierarchy node variable
- The chart shows "No data is available for the chart to render"
The cause of this issue is that after a chart is drilled down on hierarchy node A, and the variable is changed to hierarchy node B, the filter created from drilling down on node A is persisted. That drill is not applicable to hierarchy node B and this causes no data to be returned in the response. This behavior is by design in that setting a new hierarchy variable value does not remove an existing drill.
To ensure that this doesn't happen, you can do the following:
- Make sure the drill icon is not hidden by checking that the context menu option Show/Hide->Chart Details -> Drill is enabled
- Click on the drill icon, then click the 'Reset Drill' button to reset the drill. The data should be visible after the drill has been reset.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem