There is an error appears which is " You cannot rehire employees before they leave", while completing New Hire Data Review or Personal Data Collection
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
--> Go to Onboarding Dashboard
--> Find the user
--> Click on Actions > New Hire Data
--> Proceed from Personal Information Portlet and the following error is displayed "You cannot rehire employees before they leave"
- Issue is because User was created with an Employment End Date (Leave Date) set to a default value.
- This is the root cause for the error "You cannot rehire employees before they leave" as having an end date in future is being treated as Rehire scenario.
- We should not set any end date to Employment.
- However, this is enforced on APIs as Succession Data Model configuration has "end-date" marked as Mandatory.
- We need to make this as Non-Mandatory in Succession Data Model as this is the data model used by APIs.
- Alternatively, you can remove the default value set to this field
You cannot rehire employees before they leave, rehire, Personal Data Collection, New Hire Data Review , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-RHE , Recruit to Hire Tool , Bug Filed