You are trying to remove a Price Component e.g. Freight on header level of a Sales Order and the following error occurs:
Technical error AP_ESI_COMMON 108; report an incident
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Open Sales Order XYZ (XYZ represents the Sales Order ID).
- Navigate to the Pricing and Invoicing tab and the Pricing sub tab.
- In the Total Pricing section select the Price Component you want to remove e.g. Freight.
- Click on the Remove button.
- Following error occurs: Technical error AP_ESI_COMMON 108; report an incident
The exact error message of the Technical error AP_ESI_COMMON 108 is Deleting data not possible; deletion disabled.
This error occurs because in the Source Document (in this case Sales Order XYZ) which has header price component in our example Freight (where in which the source document header price component participated in the Item net value calculation) and has invoice document created for the item. In this case the deletion of header price component is not allowed (since it already participated in the item price calculation and the item is invoiced).
- Allowing a deletion of header price component , which already participated in the item net value calculation , which was already invoiced would result in an inconsistency of the successor document.
- The deletion cannot be allowed since on creation of the invoice from the sales order, the item net values (all price components) are copied from the sales order.
- The deletion of newly added header price component is possible if the newly added items are not invoiced since the newly added header price component is not participated in already invoiced item value calculation.
It is not allowed to remove a header price component if the price component participates in the Net Value Calculation of an Item and the Item is already invoiced.
AP_ESI_COMMON 108; Price Component; Header; Total Pricing , KBA , AP-PRC-PC , Calculation , Problem