- There is an association in place to filter the values shown in the child field (e.g. Cost Center) based on the value selected in the parent field (e.g. Legal Entity);
- The values are correctly filtered in the UI, but the filter does not take effect when the value for the child field is inserted by a Business Rule.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Set up a Business Rule to default a value for the child object field (exact IF conditions are not relevant);
- In Job Information, values are correctly filtered by the association in place (in this example, Cost Center to Legal Entity);
- When the Business Rule is triggered, the Cost Center is inserted by the Business Rule, even if it is not associated with the Legal Entity selected;
- There is no validation to make the rule comply with the associated records.
This result is expected - the filter defined by the object association will not apply to Business Rules when selecting or creating entries. Please ensure that your configuration is consistent across the different tools used for customization.
Association, filter, business rule, child, parent, validation , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects (Organisation, Pay and Job Structures) , Problem