After executing actual costing run, cost center is not balanced.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Execute post closing for actual costing run and check cost center balance.
- In app Edit Actual Costing Run, it has been chosen to revaluate the consumption and set the CO account assignment.
- Furthermore, there are goods issues that have been posted with an assignment to a cost center which is also used for production.
This means that in the settlement of the actual costing run, the materials are revaluated at actual activity prices, but at the same time differences are distributed to the consumption so that due to the goods issues that have been posted with a CO account assignment, the cost centers receive a debit again.
- Actual cost run doesn't cover the function of repetition of revaluate consumption (Material->Cost center->Material->Cost center...) to leave zero the cost center balance.
- Due to the general period end close procedure, actual activity price calculation must be executed before the material ledger period end close. So you cannot use the variances posted by revaluation of internal consumption to cost centers in the calculation of activity prices, unless you perform the complete closing cycle twice.
- If you do not want to have a balance on cost centers at period end after ML closing posting, you may deselect the option to set the CO account assignment for the post closing step in Edit Actual Costing Run and you should make sure that the involved accounts are linked to a default CO account assignment. The variances of revaluation of consumption are posted to the FI account only.
revaluation of consumption, balance, debit, credit. , KBA , CO-PC-ACT , Actual Costing/Material Ledger , Problem