You are trying to migrate Open Sales Orders through Migration Tool, but you are facing the error message below:
"System Failure When Migration Open Sales Orders"
SAP BUsiness ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center, in the Overview view.
- Search for Migration of Open Sales Orders.
- Click on Migrate Open Sales Orders using the migration tool.
- Execute migration step by step for the required file.
- In the simulation step, you will see the mentioned error.
In the migration file, you are using an item of type service fixed price (project). For project based items, we consider these items in the pricing framework to have a code of 7CEP.
This means that the price details will be determined in the system and not used as the migrated price.
In your scenario, you have a discount on this item which changes the value from 1100 to 880. The value that is then in the invoice schedule item is 1100 in the migration template.
--- Migration template:
- Item: 1100 e.g.
- Invoice Schedule: 1100 e.g.
- Item Type: Service fixed price (project).
-- Determination in process for the UI:
- Item: List price of 1100 e.g.
- Net Value of 880. e.g.
- Invoice schedule value: 1100 e.g.
As the net value of the item is less than the invoice schedule, we do not allow this.
As a workaround for this issue, if you remove the Value in the invoice schedule section in the migration template, and you add a Percentage value e.g., 100. then this will take the value that is determined by the system later on as 880.
The issue is currently the behavior of the system in terms of the setup that is in the migration file.
Open Sales Orders; Migration; Error Message; , KBA , AP-PMD-SPL , Sales Price List , How To