While sending an outbound e-mail from a Ticket, the system raises an error "Invalid E-mail channel. Check From address".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Service work center
- Go to Tickets view
- Open the Ticket XYZ (Where XYZ denotes the Ticket ID)
- Go to Interactions tab
- Click on New or Reply and try to send out an e-mail
- Error is displayed
There are multiple e-mail channels in the system with the same e-mail address as that present in the From address of the e-mail. At least one of them is Inactive.
When you try sending an e-mail, the system searches with the e-mail address in the sender and found one of the channels which is 'Inactive', hence triggered the error.
Please change the address of the inactive channels to something else, so there are no duplicate e-mail channel address.
- Go to Administrator work center
- Go to Service and Social view
- Click on E-Mail Addresses
- Search for the E-Mail channel present in the 'From' field of the E-Mail
- Edit the mail addresses of the Inactive channels to some dummy address
- Click on Save
After making this change and saving, to make the channel address unique, the error will not happen.
invalid, email, channel, check, from, address, error, ticket, outbound , KBA , invalid , mail , from , address , channel , ticket , check , outgoing , outbound , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , LOD-CRM-SC-EML , Email , Problem