The following behaviour occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- When adding a Story Filter to a Chart / Widget with Linked Analysis, the original Story Filter remains even after removing the filter from a Widget within the Linked Analysis Set
- Both Filter from Linked Analysis Set Widget and Story Filter must be removed together, for the Story Filter to be removed completely
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.14.x
Reproducing the Issue
- Add a Story Filter to Widget A
- Under Linked Analysis, Apply the Filter to all Widgets on the page
- On Widget B remove the Filter
- Observe the filter is removed from all other Widgets except the Widget the filter was applied to
This is currently behaviour by design.
Linked Analysis is different from story filter. If an end user wants to use a story filter to control ALL widgets in the story, then a story filter should be created directly through the toolbar. This way, there is only one story filter created, and removing it will remove its impact on every widget using the data model.
With linked analysis, there is the concept of driver widget on which the linked analysis panel is open on and the linked analysis setting is applied. When data point(s) are filtered on the linked analysis driver widget, in the case of "All widgets in the Story" being set in the linked analysis panel, two filters are created, one is the local filter on this widget since the data points are directly filtered on this particular widget, the other is the story filter which is generated according to the link analysis setting on this widget.
These two filters are reflected in the UI, as local filter filter shown as a filter token on the widget, and the story filter token. Modifying/removing the driver widget's local filter on the widget will update other widgets in scope of the linked analysis setting (in this case story wide), but removing the Story Filter will not remove the local filter.
An enhancement request has been created below, so please vote on this if you wish to see this as a feature in a future release of SAP Analytics Cloud;
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem