Error while registering external user account for SAP Jam - "This e-mail address has already been registered".
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
Reproducing the Issue
- External User tries to register their profile for SAP Jam, via link from external group invite.
- Upon filling up the registration form, they get error-> "This e-mail address has already been registered"
- This is even though the user does not have any account created with that email as primary.
That email address might be registered as Additional/Secondary Email in another existing external profile.
In this case, trying to register a new External Profile with the 'additional email' as primary will expectedly result in the error.
The desired email address needs to be removed from the additional emails list of the existing profile. Only then a new external account can be created with that email as primary.
- Login to the existing external user account.
- Got to Profile page.
- Click Edit Details.
- Click Remove for the additional email.
- Save Changes.
External,External Email,External User,This e-mail address has already been registered , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-EXT , External User Issues , Problem