- How to hide fields on Advanced Search on Directory Search based on Role Based Permissions.
- Hide fields without having to disable them.
- E.g.: Hide the National ID field from Directory Search:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- On Org Chart > Directory
- Directory Search > Advanced Search
- Field National ID should not be visible to all users.
User role-based permissions can be used to manage the access to the search criteria, results, and batch operations of Directory Search.
In order to hide any of the fields, such as Department, Division, Job Code, Location, Formal Name (Employee Central Users Only), National ID (Employee Central Users Only), Hire Date From/To, Tag or Username, the respective user Role-Based Permission settings should be disabled. Further details on Guide - Permissions for Directory Search
E.g.: Hide the National ID field from Directory Search:
- Go to "Manage Permission Roles";
- Open the Role you want to grant permission to;
- Under Permission settings > "Permission..." button;
- Under User Permissions > Employee Data;
- Under HR Information > National ID Information options should be disabled.
- Hit the "Done" and the "Save Changes" button;
- Go to Directory Search > Advanced Search and see the field National ID is not be visible for users with this Role-Based Permission.
Note that you can always use the <First Name>, <Middle Name>, <Last Name>, and <Person ID> (Employee Central users only) fields in the Advanced Search section, regardless of Role-Based Permission settings.
Please check the Guide for more information about Directory Search.
RBP, Directory Search, Advanced Search, fields, National ID, filter, hide, how to. , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-ADM , Roles & Permission / Directory search , How To