Customers using a reverse proxy URL to access SAC could face possible issues listed below if the REVERSE_PROXY_HOST setting is NOT configured (System>> Administration >> System Configuration) prior to the coming Q1 2022 QRC update:
- Any traffic with X-Custom-Host headers will be blocked (Login to the tenant from the reverse proxy url will fail.)
- Custom links will no longer work
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2022
- Reverse Proxy
Reproducing the Issue
- Try to logon to SAC or use Custom links.
- Notice the errors:
- The page does not exist (i.e. custom links are failing)
- The requested resource is forbidden (reverse proxy traffic is blocked)
- Support for accessing SAC through a reverse proxy URL is being phased out in two stages:
- In QRC1 2022 a Reverse Proxy can continue to be used but only if the SAC configuration setting specifies the reverse proxy
- Later in 2022 (TBA), the setting is phased out and Reverse Proxy traffic is permanently blocked
- Short-term Solution (Workaround) for Stage 1 prior to QRC1 2022:
- Populate the REVERSE_PROXY_HOST setting in the SAC (System>> Administration >> System Configuration) window
- Long-term Solution for Stage 2 later in 2022:
- Customers using a reverse proxy with their SAC tenant are asked to migrate off this connectivity method.
- SAP Analytics Cloud will be removing this feature permanently later in 2022, please reach out to your account team if you require additional information.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-ADM , SAC Administration , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-AUT , SAC Authentication / Login , Problem