You created an opportunity and you notice that multiple contacts were assigned to it, but the expectation is that only the Primary Account should be determined.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Create new opportunity.
- You noticed that multiple contacts are determined to the opportunity.
In Business Configuration fine tune activity 'Opportunities' -> 'Maintain Involved Parties' the determination step 10 for 'Contact of Account' party is set to take over all parties.
With this setting the system will determine all contacts assigned in the account to the opportunity.
This is the expected system behavior. You can change this setting following the steps below:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Open the activity 'Opportunities'.
- Click on 'Maintain Involved Parties'.
- Select the party 'Contact of Account'.
- Click on 'Maintain Determination'.
- In the column 'Take Over' you have the below options which you can chose as per your requirement:
All parties - Determines all contacts maintained in the account to the opportunity.
Main party, otherwise arbitrary one - Determines the main contact of account to the opportunity. If no 'Main' is maintained, determines a contact maintained in the account randomly to the opportunity.
Only main party - Determines the main contact of the account to the opportunity. If no 'Main' is maintained, does not assign contact to the opportunity.
Contacts, Opportunity, Parties , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To