The filter in the Parameter in Data Action is not Working properly when choosing Hierarchy.
For example when selecting for DIM1, H1 as Hierarchy and Level Leaf in the DA parameter settings, instead of having only the leaves of H1 , the user can see all the members of DIM1 Dimension in the Member Selector, even the members under the Not In Hierarchies.
SAP Analaytics Cloud 2021.14.10
This is the intended behavior.
This is the behavior by design as the member selector is a common component and there is no feature to restrict the hierarchy.
The good this is that when you select a member that does not exist in the hierarchy defined in the parameter you will have this error message: "There's a problem with the value of the parameter. please check the data action designer with the current parameter settings." and the member cannot be selected and thus the DA cannot run.
- 2707692 - Another operation is currently being executed on this version. Please try again later occurs when running data actions or allocations in SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!