In Custom CDS Views app, when trying to delete an element the "delete" button is greyed out.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to "Custom CDS View" app
- Open the CDS View to be edited
- Go to "Elements" tab
- Click on the checkbox of the element to be deleted
- Delete button is greyed out
The CDS View it's being used by a Custom Communication Scenario and it's not allowed to change the elements in a CDS View when it's in use by another object.
- In the Extensibility Inventory app search for the affected CDS view
- In the dependency tree look for any custom communication scenarios which are using the view
- In the Custom Communication Scenarios app remove the view from any scenarios which still use it
- Delete the fields from the CDS view
- (Optional) Re-add the view to the communication scenarios
delete field element custom cds view grey gray disabled communication scenario dependency used by can't delete element unable to remove dimension , KBA , BC-SRV-APS-GKE , Generic CDS Key User Editor , Problem