- A database stopped replicating when the SPQ file was 97% full.
- ASE errorlog reports:
RepAgent(13): The SPQ log file in Replication Server is 97 percent full.
(CI-Info) Message: 76053, Severity: 5 Producer of Stream 'mydb' failed to send a message with 30680-bytes.
RepAgent(13): Streaming replication stream CI Library error -1 with severity 2 and message 'Producer of Stream 'mydb' failed to send a message with 30680-bytes.'. Rep Agent detected error 3 with message 'Unknown' at line 7757 in file ra_ci_scanner.c.
RepAgent(13): The Rep Agent Thread will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s). (RepSvr =xxxxxxxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxxxx).
- The SRS logs shows:
Open the SPQ Writer at index 4071322 for the SPQ 'mydb'
WARNING #85 CI Logger( ) - ric/ci/spqpgrouper.c(204)
SPQ 'mydb' is full, truncation needs to occur to free space.
- 'admin who' in SRS shows:
CAP Awaiting Command 132 MY_HAP_R2.mydb
REP AGENT CI Active MY_HAP_R2.mydb
SPQ WRITER Full 132 MY_HAP_R2.mydb
SPQ READER QWait 132 MY_HAP_R2.mydb
- Secondary truncation point (STP) for this database in the primary ASE is not moving.
- The database is not replicating even after the SPQ max size (spq_max_size) is increased to 20GB or 40GB and the free space in the SPQ files is recalculated. ASE errorlog shows the following messages respectfully with no changes in replication:
RepAgent(13): The SPQ log file in Replication Server is 48 percent full.
RepAgent(13): The SPQ log file in Replication Server is 24 percent full.
- sp_help_rep_agent shows that Rep Agent Tread (RAT) is "sleeping". It can be stopped only with "nowait".
- The database cannot be re-materialized because RAT could not be stopped without "nowait".
- The external SRS log is clean. No unexpected messages or errors.
- SAP Replication Server 16.0 SP03 PL08 ONE-OFF EBF 30010
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 PL08 HF1 EBF 29687
- HADR with external replication
deactivate, spq_agent, sap_enable_extrenal_replication, inconsistent, wrong, active , KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.