We have masked standard element dateOfBirth through manage business configuration however this field is still visible directly in people profile.
- SAP SuccessFactors People Profile
Reproducing the Issue
1. Access manage business configuration
2. Select employee profile > standard element > DateOfBirth
3. Then set mask option Yes for DateOfBirth field
4. Navigate to people profile and the field DateOfBirth is not masked.
- We have received confirmation from the product team that only text fields can be masked.
- The dateOfBirth is a date field, so even if it is set as “Masked: Yes” in manage business configuration it will not take effect in the backend and it will not get masked.
- Other text fields such as empId or ssn can be masked in people profile.
- This is standard behavior as per design and if this feature is important then request you submit an enhancement request.https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2090228
Masked, Manage business configuration, Masking standard fields in people profile, standard field, text field, date field , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-PP3 , People Profile (PP3) , Problem