Candidate is successfully hired from MPH page. Once the start date is passed the candidate is still not active in the system. There is an inactive record created but the candidate is not active in Employee profile.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
1. Hire the candidate from MPH page and change the hire date to future date
2. Post hire date, when checked the Employee profile, the candidate is still inactive in the system
3. Active Profile is not created in the Employee profile after Hiring the candidate
- Onboarding was initiated for new hire and was successfully moved till MPH. Now while hiring the new hire, start date is changed however this does not update our Onboarding Process Target Date.
- Post this the start date of new hire is again changed through Employee Profile to some future date but with a gap of 4 months this again not synced to Onboarding Process.
- Meanwhile the process closure job is scheduled to close job by 90-100 days and this leads to marking of Onboarding Process as completed. This is because the closure job is dependent on Process.Target Date which would be the original start date of the new hire.
- So post this on Day 1 when user becomes eligible for conversion Onboarding fails to fetch the user’s onboarding process as it is already completed and the user is not converted on day 1.
- Go to Admin Centre > Manage Data and select onboarding Process of the affected new hire
- Click on Take Action > Make Correction , change the value of Process Status from Completed to Open
- Click on Save
- Now immediately trigger, ConvertExternalUserOnStartDateJob job from provisioning.
As a preventive measure you can also increase the closure period in Process Closure rule, SAP_ONB2_ProcessClosurePeriodConfig so that if the start date is postponed then also process is not marked as completed.
Employee profile, inactive record, inactive, candidate, Onboarding, Hire candidate from MPH, , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-EC , Integration EC - MPH, Hire , Problem