You have enabled withholding taxes for a non-localized country. When creating a payment for an invoice with withholding taxes calculated, errors while recalculating the withholding tax are raised.
SAP Business ByDesing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payables work center.
- Go to Supplier Accounts view.
- Open the related supplier account monitor.
- Select the relavant open item with custom withholding tax calculation.
- Click Pay Manually By and choose the payment method.
On the payment screen, the following errors are raised:
- 'Amounts on Invoice <ID> are inconsistent.'
- 'The assigned payment amount for the item must not be zero. You can only clear items with deductions or discounts manually.'
- 'The payment is not used for clearing of any item. To perform a clearing without the payment, clear on account.'
- 'Error while recalculating the withholding tax.'
When the payment is created for the invoice, the system recalculates the withholding taxes. Upon recalculation, a unique withholding tax code must be determined comparing the withholding tax type, rate type and income type.
In this case, you have set up the withholding tax data so that there are multiple tax codes with the same tax type, rate type and income type.
Additionally, for non-localized countries, the system does not support multiple withholding tax types. Only single withholding tax type is supported for calculation during payment. Hence if you have multiple withholding tax types, during payment, the withholding amount is not calculated correctly.
Ensure that only one withholding tax code is determined based on the combination of withholding tax type, rate type and income type. Also consider that the system does not support multiple withholding tax types for non-localized countries.
Non-localized. Pre-localized. Tax basic. Withholding tax. income Type. PDI. Add-on. Tax Rate schedule. , KBA , AP-TTE-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , How To