Manual Posting should not be done on GR/IR clearing account
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP S/4HANA CLOUD
Manual Postings should not be made to the GR/IR Clearing account. This is to avoid inconsistencies on GR/IR clearing account.
For the definition of the GR/IR clearing account see WRX_GR/IR Clearing Account
In the SAP Best Practices Explorer Post automatically only is set for this account
As reference in GR/IR Clearing Account Maintenance
"Quantity differences between goods receipt and invoice receipt for a purchase order result in a balance on the GR/IR clearing account.
- If the quantity invoiced is larger than the quantity received, the system expects further goods receipts for this purchase order to clear the balance.
- If the quantity received is larger than the quantity invoiced, the system expects further invoices for this purchase order to clear the balance.
- You can also clear differences for delivery costs.
If no more goods or invoices are to be received for this purchase order, you must clear the balance manually.
This can be done in different ways:
- You can return the extra goods to the supplier.
- You can cancel the invoice and post a corrected invoice or a credit memo for the surplus posted quantity.
- You can clear the GR/IR clearing account"
To clear the GR/IR clearing account use App Clear GR/IR Accounts, Clear GR/IR Clearing Account.
The help documentation on topic is Maintain Goods Receipt / Invoice Receipt Clearing Account
No manual clearing is possible with a GR/IR clearing account
GR/IR, WRX, Goods receipt/Invoice receipt, Post Automatically Only, FDC_POSTING_001/240 , KBA , FI-FIO-GL , Fiori UI for General Ledger Accounting , Problem