Number of exemptions on US compliance form RI state tax withholding not populating.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Initiate onboarding for candidate in the US
- Complete Personal Data Collection for test candidate.
- Start and complete Rhode Island State Withholding Form RI-W4.
- Answer "No" to the question "Do you want to claim exemption from Rhode Island withholding for 2021 or exempt under the Military Spouses Residency Relief Act?"
- Enter "1" to the "Enter the number of allowances from line E above" field.
- Enter "0" to the "Enter any additional dollar amount which you would like withheld from your pay" field.
- Start and complete United States Federal Form W-4.
- Click the signature task tile.
- You will see in the generated State Withholding form that the Line 1E field is blank even though it was filled out in the compliance task.
The system is working as designed.
- Blank is shown on the form if the number is manually entered when completing the Compliance Task.
- The 'Personal Allowances sheet' link was never clicked to enter the values.
To make sure that value is populated in Line 1 on the RI W4 form, make sure that you click the 'Personal Allowances sheet' when completing the Rhode Island State Withholding Form RI-W4.
- Line 1E is dependent on the data entered from Line 1A to 1D.
- Line 1 in the RI W4 form will be populated when you enter values from Line 1A to 1D in the Personal Allowances sheet.
Attached is a sample generated form with populated value.
RI-W4, Rhode Island withholding, tax forms, OBX, Compliance Form, State tax form, ONB 2.0, INC094794 , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-FRM , Forms, PDF, E-Verify and Compliance Forms etc. , Problem