When changing a .codelist description entry in the SAP Cloud Applications Studio and activating the file, the previous description is kept.
Also, the Delete All button makes no effect to the entries.
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the Studio.
- Open the affected solution.
- Open the .codelist file and make a change into the description of any value and save.
- When closing and opening the file again, the changes are not reflected.
- The entries are not deleted when clicking on the Delete All button as well.
The .codelist values are static and a change in the description is not supported due to the maintenance mode, in order to avoid any inconsistency.
The Delete All button is only supported for a .codelist file which is created within the same patch version.
In such case where the codelist values need to be updated, you can be creating a configurable code list instead.
Please refer to this blog post: Two approaches to create Code List in Cloud Studio and to the SAP Help Portal documentation: Configurable Code Lists
PDI, SDK, BC, BCO, value, row, key , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-1O , ByDesign Studio OneOffs , AP-RC-BDS-BC , ByDesign Studio Business Configuration , How To