In the Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity you prepare the migration of G/L Account Balances.
The G/L accounts maintained are not used for any subledger migration (such as payables, receivables, fixed assets, cash, tax, inventory).
You therefore expect the system to directly migrate all values to the defined accounts.
When verifying the posting preview you notice that the Migration Clearing Account for Fixed Assets is also derived balancing to a Local Currency amount of 0,00, even though you have not migrated any values to G/L accounts of type Fixed Asset or any other subledgers.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Access the Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity.
- Select Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- In the new window, select the respective migration unit and press Cross-Check Balances Preview.
- Press Execute Migration.
- In the next window, for step 1-Process Files, select the G/L Account Balances file and press Process File.
- Press Next until you reach step 1d-Verify Posting Preview.
- You notice that beside the defined G/L accounts also the Migration Clearing Account for Fixed Assets is derived, displaying a Local Currency value of 0,00.
For the migration of G/L account balances, not involved in any sub-ledger postings, the system automatically creates one journal entry per balance, and an offsetting entry. The account used for this offsetting entry is SAKOMIG (Sachkonto Migration - data carryforward account for G/L account balances). By default, the Migration Clearing Account for Fixed Assets is derived as SAKOMIG account.
When using the migration tool the G/L account balances are offset with the SAKOMIG account.
In the migration tool it is possible to offset the G/L account balances with a different account:
- During the Process Files activity navigate to step 1b-Convert Values.
- Select the Edit Value Conversion for G/L Account link.
- In the Value Conversion for G/L Account table find the G/L account defined as SAKOMIG under Source Value.
- Use the G/L Account value help under Target Value to change the account.
Please note: The SAKOMIG account is not derived when manually migrating balances: In the Migration of Accounting Transaction Data use the Manually enter G/L account balances link.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , Problem