When using multistage application, the candidate is updating some fields in the application. There are standard fields in the More Information Section of the application which are being updated by the multistage application update but the custom fields are not being updated.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Complete application but leave one standard field and one custom field NULL when applying, the standard and custom field should be present on candidate profile and application and be visible in the More Information Section of the application.
- As a recruiter, go to requisition and open the application. This ensures the snapshot is taken.
- Confirm that the standard field and custom field are null.
- As the candidate, log into profile and go to jobs applied, edit the application and provide a value for the standard and the custom field. Save the updated application
- As a recruiter, re-open the application. Confirm that you now see a value for the standard field but not for the custom field.
- Go to the candidate profile, and confirm you see both values present for standard field and custom field.
When multi-stage application was designed and released, it became possible to update the standard fields since they are part of the application. This will not affect the behavior of the custom fields, since the snapshot will still be taken only at the point of apply. Custom fields will not updated by multi-stage updates and the values shown on the application will be from the initial time of application.
The Product Management team have confirmed this as expected behaviour but are working to enhance this during UxR review. An internal enhancement has been created to track the progress (RCM-19774).
Multistage, multi-stage, multi stage, application, more information, standard, customer, update, field, populate, null, empty, enhancement , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-APP , Applicants and Job Applications , Problem