- You can adjust the time zone of DATETIME fields by applying a conversion as per end user's time zone on DATETIME column selected in Query Designer only
- Such time zone conversion cannot be applied to DATATIME column used in functions such as DAY, DATE, MONTH , YEAR while creating a calculated column, which may result in difference in the data
Joining date(UTC) - stored in database Joining date (IST)- Shown to end user DAY (Joining date)- Shown to end user 26 August, 2020, 11:00 pm 27 August, 2020, 04:30 am 27 26 August, 2020, 08:00 am 26 August, 2020, 01:30 pm 26
- Embedded stories in SAP applications
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new embedded story by choosing a connection.
- From the Query Designer, drag and drop an object on the canvas having DATETIME column.
- Select the DATETIME column from object's column listing.
- Create a Calculated Column using Formula like DAY, DATE, MONTH , YEAR and use the same DATETIME column.
- Click on Preview button.
=> The DATETIME column and the calculated column may show difference in output data.
- This is a limitation of embedded stories.
- Time zone conversion is a representational feature which is applied when the query output has columns with DATETIME data type. This adjusts the values to client time zone.
- In case of DAY, DATE, MONTH , YEAR formula, the output is a number to which no conversion is applied. This will result in difference in data based on the applied time zone offset
- You can submit one enhancement request for this limitation according to SAP KBA 2424376.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, OEM, embed, embedded, SF, SFSF, S4HC, S/4HANA Cloud, timezone, time zone, convert, conversion, formula, calculated, calculation, datetime, date, time, date-time , KBA , LOD-ANA-OEM , Embedded usage of SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-SF-ANA-SAC , People Analytics (Analytics Cloud for SF) , CA-GTF-SB-S4H-SAC , SAP S4H embedded SAC UI integration , Product Enhancement