Customer performs an upsert in User API entity to update user’s timezone displayed in Employee Profile.
The response payload returns an error: "Invalid property value. Property name:timeZone. Property value:Europe/Kyiv. with the index 0"
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite OData API (V2)
Reproducing the Issue
Upsert Request Payload
- Update user's timezone information to "Europe/Kyiv".
It will return response as follows:
The request couldn't be processed due to the timeZone value specified in the payload is not supported in SAP SuccessFactors.
Use Timezones that are supported in SAP SuccessFactors.
You can find list of available timezones in the system through Data Inspector tool. To enable the tool, please follow the steps below:
1. Login to the system > Navigate to Manage Permission Roles
2. Select a Permission Role > Click Permission button > Manage System Properties > tick Data Inspector checkbox > save
3. You may need to logout from your system and login for the feature to become active post enablement.
4. In Admin Center, navigate to the Data Inspector tool.
5. From the Entity dropdown, select Timezone and hit the ‘Show Data’ button.
6. It will expose all available Timezones that are acceptable for OData API upsert
Below is a result of successful upsert by using a supported Timezone ID.
You can only import unsupported timezone values like "Europe/Kyiv" via Admin Center -> Employee Import. You cannot do that by API because API has enforced validation of timezone values.
After you import "Europe/Kyiv" via Employee Import, it will also show up in the Employee Profile UI (But we don't guarantee it will reflect the right time, like GMT+8).
If this is important to you, we recommend that you submit an enhancement request to add to the standard list of supported Time Zone values in SuccessFactors, by following the steps listed in KBA 2090228 - How to Submit Ideas for SAP SuccessFactors Products - SAP ONE Support Launchpad
- SAP SuccessFactors is using timezones defined in the Java Platform.
- The Java Platform uses the IANA timezones: http://www.iana.org/time-zones
- Hence SAP SuccessFactors is using the standard universal timezones defined by IANA.
- The values to be imported are case-sensitive and must align with the guide below.
If the case-sensitivity is not adhered to, the default timezone will be applied to users.
See the following links for a detailed overview on the Supported and Deprecated timezone values.
Error "Invalid property value. Property name:timeZone. Property value:XXXXX/XXXXX. with the index 0"
SuccessFactors, OData API, Upsert Failed, responseCode 500, Supported Timezones, Deprecated Timezones, TIMEZONE, Available Timezones in SuccessFactors, Data Inspector , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , Problem