You notice that the Save Query is not working as expected in the value help/object value selector of Project Task for deviating cost assignment of an expense report.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Travel and Expenses work center.
- Create a new expense report on behalf of employee (any employee).
- Go to the Expenses step.
- Add a new expense row.
- Under the details of this new expense row, click tab Deviating Cost Assignment.
- Change the Account Assignment Type to e.g. Project Tasks.
- Open the value help for the project task field.
- Click to open the advanced search. You'll see that the Employee ID field is pre-populated.
- Make the employee ID field blank and execute the query.
- Click Save Query to save this query with employee ID blank.
- Set it as default and to execute on selection.
- Close the value help and open it again.
You see that saves query shows as selected, however the system seems to execute the default query instead with the employee ID populated.
In value help selections/object value selector the Save Query isn't supported, hence always the system's default selection query will be executed (in this case with the employee ID)
This is the designed behavior of this framework.
Expense Report. Employee. OVS. , KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , AP-RC-UIF-RT , UI Framework Runtime , How To