A Purchase order with confirmation control key has been created and the confirmation received from the supplier.
If a change to that confirmation is made afterwards via SoaP interface 'OrderConfirmationRequest_In', the original confirmation line is deleted and a new confirmation with the changed information created. It is expected that the existing confirmation line would be updated.
SAP S/4Hana Cloud - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
1) Create a Purchase order via the App 'Manage Purchase Order' or 'Create Purchase Order - Advanced'.
2) At the item level add a 'confirmation control key' (0001)
3) Enter the Supplier confirmation 'AB' with dates and Quantities either manually or via 'OrderConfirmationRequest_In'
4) Change the Supplier confirmation details via 'OrderConfirmationRequest_In'
5) The original confirmation line has been deleted (table EKES) and a new line inserted
API OrderConfirmationRequest_In is developed for Buyer Supplier Integration, the following scope items:
1. Scope item 2EJ and 2EL where the Buyer would be S/4HANA Procurement and the Supplier would be S/4HANA Sales.
2. Scope Item 42K where the Buyer would be S/4HANA Procurement and the Supplier would be the Ariba Network.
As per the design, the API always expects the supplier to send ALL confirmation schedule lines for a PO item.
This is the case for both scope items.
It shall therefore, update the Purchase Order AB confirmation with the incoming confirmation schedule lines.
In the update, it has to clear all existing confirmed schedule lines and write all incoming new confirmed schedule lines.
This is designed in this way because it cannot be clearly ascertained which existing confirmed schedule lines are still valid and which are outdated and have to be replaced. The S/4HANA Sales and Ariba Network cannot know which existing confirmed schedule lines on the Buyer system are still valid and which are outdated.
Standard system behaviour.
The change log of the purchase order captures all changes made to the confirmations.
SAP_COM_0224, SAP_COM_0508, II_EDI_ORDER_CONF_REQUEST_IN, ME_PO_CONFIRM, EKES, CL_EDI_MM_PO_CONF_PROCESS, CL_EDI_ORDER_CONF_REQUEST_IN, EDI_MM_ORDRCONF_PROCESSING,
KBA , MM-PUR-GF-CON , Confirmation Control/Shipping Notification , MM-PUR-GF-EDI , Electronic Data Interchange , Problem