- The system is not blocking data changes to terminated users.
- A record was added to Job Information of an inactive employee.
- Is there a way to prevent data changes for terminated employees?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the profile of an inactive employee;
- Take Action > Change Job and Compensation Info or click the pencil icon in Job Information to edit it;
- Select the Event and Event Reason;
- Make changes to existing data;
- A warning message is raised: "The user X has been inactive since [Termination date]". Changes are saved to the terminated employee upon choosing to "Proceed".
- Import Employee Data;
- Select an entity: Job History;
- Upload the data change;
- The Import completes successfully.
This behavior is expected. A warning message is raised when data changes are performed for an already terminated employee, but it does not block the action.
You may choose to add a blocker using Business Rules for this kind of operation if it should not be allowed in your company.
Please consider the following example:
data change, inactive employee, terminated, separated, has been inactive since , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EMP , Employment Information (Employment & Termination Details) , Problem