- What is HANA Dynamic Tiering
- SAP HANA dynamic tiering exists within the SAP HANA system architecture as a dedicated database process, named esserver.
- Dynamic tiering is an integrated storage and processing tier within the SAP HANA database.
- With multiple tenant databases, a dedicated esserver process and dynamic tiering extended store is required for each tenant database using dynamic tiering.
- Dynamic tiering is not scale-out enabled. Only one dynamic tiering worker host and one optional dynamic tiering standby host is allowed for each database in an SAP HANA system.
- How to create a license for SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering (SAP IQ)
- When choosing 'SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering' as License Type, it includes SAP IQ server as extended server. But you don't need to prepare SAP IQ license itself for SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering.
SAP HANA 2.0
Dynamic Tiering, SAP IQ, DT, extended storage, esserver, extended server, , KBA , HAN-DYT , SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.